Kennolyn began hosting weddings, special events and retreats in 1995 after Kennolyn’s General Manager, Pam Caldwell Nootbaar, put together a business plan while getting her MBA at Georgetown University. Her grandparents, Max and Marion Caldwell founded Kennolyn in 1946 as a children’s camp.
After over 65 years, Kennolyn continues to be one of the most acclaimed children’s camps in the world and includes resident, day and family camps. The Caldwell’s named Kennolyn after their children, Ken and Carolyn, who were only 5 and 3 respectively when their parents started their first camp. Carolyn, Ken and his three children – Pam, Lindsey and Steve are the stewards of Kennolyn now.
Kennolyn now stretches over 300 privately owned acres, rich with redwoods, vistas and natural surroundings. Kennolyn started as just 60 acres at the Stone Creek Village venue in 1946 and added the 240 acres of the Hilltop Hacienda in 1956.
Uncle Max and Aunt Marion are sadly no longer with us, but their wonderful legacy continues to influence the lives of countless children and adults alike around the world.